Monday, 23 March 2015

Writing

WALT write a thank you letter

Draft

I was so excited for the marae trip but before we got on the bus we got to play. But when I went, the bell went. So after we all got in the hall, Rosie did the roll. Then we lined up walked into the bus. I always get scared on the gorge because I think we will tumble over and die. But we lived and made it to Woodville 2 minutes later we were at the marae. Before we went in we had a powhiri after the powhiri we had a hongi, like an hour later we had some Kai. Me, Sam, Jett, Harrison  and some other people played tag. When we finished playing troy yelled out our groups after that we got in our groups and got to do our first activity. Our first activity was weaving. We weaved an angel fish it was very hard. Like ten hours later me and my little buddy Leo finished.we did a lot more activitys but it will take to long talking about it. So I'll skip that and talk about story telling. So me Sam, Nikau and Qwade did the story how Maui fished up the North Island. I think I would give us a 7/10 and after that we had supper and brushed our teeth then went to bed.


Success Criteria:

  
Features of a letter
Is the letter formal or informal?
Is the address in the top right hand corner of the page?
Does the date of the letter come underneath the address?
Does the letter start with Dear… or another type of greeting?
Is the reason for writing clearly given in the first paragraph?
Is there a clear beginning, middle and end?
Does it keep the reader interested -using well chosen words?
Has the letter been signed offcorrectly eg. Yours sincerely, yours faithfully etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment